Dedicated Representation When Negligence Leads To A Personal Injury
The tenets of Ohio personal injury law protect victims of accidents and other misfortune against the negligence of others. This means that when a victim in central Ohio is injured as a direct result of someone else’s negligent conduct, the negligent party can be held legally responsible.
Negligent conduct is often unintentional and, unfortunately for the victim, typically avoidable. It can be hard to live with an injury that did not have to happen — and this is a just reason to turn to the protection of an injury lawyer.
Ohio negligence law is used to file claims and recover damages for injured victims. It compensates victims for the negligence of others by providing a legal means to collect monetary settlements as a form of repercussion for negligent liability.
Working With Personal Injury Laws
The attorneys of Dittmer, Wagoner & Steele LLC, use state negligence laws to see victims justly compensated for losses. Our firm relies on years of experience handling complex personal injury claims:
- Auto accidents — Including car, truck, motorcycle, mass transit, pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Dangerous premises — Both commercial and residential properties
- General negligence
- Medical malpractice — Including surgical mistakes, medication errors, birth injuries, etc.
- Product liability — Including defective auto parts, unsafe vehicle designs, hazardous household products, defective consumer goods, defective household appliances and electronics, etc.
- Truck accidents — Caused by driver error, inexperience, distractions, intoxication, fatigue and general driver or company negligence
- Wrongful death
We understand the rules of evidence, contributory and comparative negligence, and how to present a fact-based case that tells the compelling true story of your accident and injury. Let our attorneys build your case to reach the shared goal of seeing you obtain just resources to compensate you for your damages.
Personal injury is a common consequence of serious accidents that occur every day. Some accidents are the direct result of the negligent actions of others:
- Car wrecks caused by distracted, fatigued or intoxicated drivers
- Slip-and-falls on poorly maintained property
- Dog bites from unsupervised pets
- Failure to repair a faulty stoplight
- Security negligence that leads to assaults and attacks
- Malfunction of ill-designed safety equipment
- Side effects of improperly tested pharmaceuticals
- Failure to warn patients of medical risks
As the law sees it, no one has the right to intentionally or unintentionally cause others harm. Accident liability laws are used to make legal decisions concerning fault, negligence and liability factors in accidents.
A good injury attorney knows how to uncover the right fault and liability factors that will help prove your accident and injury claim. Our attorneys rely on experience and legal ability to find the right kind of evidence to help convince a judge or jury of the cause and long-term effects of your personal injury.
Learn more about our personal injury attorneys:
Filing Your Claim
Dittmer, Wagoner & Steele LLC, advises people to seek legal help for personal injuries. A personal injury lawyer can provide valuable legal counsel to help you understand your rights and potential settlement value when filing your claim.
Insurance companies often move quickly to settle claims out of court. They do this to avoid the legal cost of litigation and, often, to reach lower settlements with victims not aware of the full value of their damages.
One of the most beneficial services our attorneys provide is assessing the total value of clients’ claims, including:
- Sum total of all medical fees, emergency care, surgeries, ongoing treatment, medications, equipment, etc.
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and damages
- Lost wages and potential earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability
- Diminished quality of life
We consider and calculate these factors and many others when negotiating settlements for personal injuries.
Talk To Us Today To Learn More
It is possible to reach an adequate settlement out of court, but you will want an experienced attorney representing you to obtain just compensation. At Dittmer, Wagoner & Steele LLC, we stand ready to fight for you when someone else’s negligence leaves you suffering from injuries and other damages.